Follow the progress of construction (and sometimes destruction) of my N-scale model train layout.

March 26, 2012

Update


It has been a while since I made a post. I have finished up the project to elevate the rear section of the layout a 1/2 inch.

The Amfleet cars now clear the tunnel portals on both tracks; however the inner track has too small of a radius for them to run with the HHP-8. I converted the remaining rapido couplers on the HHP-8 to Microtrains and also moved the existing Microtrains coupler in slightly so it look better. This might have cause the problem, but I haven't gotten around to experimenting with it to see if it can be fixed.

I also did a little work with my father to set up the Azatrax train detector for the hidden staging siding in the rear. I still need to get LEDs to hook it up to the control panel but it was neat to see the circuit board light up when a trail crossed the beam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home