Follow the progress of construction (and sometimes destruction) of my N-scale model train layout.

January 15, 2007

Layout Blues

I ran into a problem with the new layout design. I realized that I could not assemble/disassemble trains with the engine last (the last to roll onto the traverser) from the yard side. I wanted to be able to have the train pull off the traverser on the industry side with the engine in the front to simulate it pulling into the industries. This requires that the engine is the last car on the traverser which means that I can't use the yard to assemble trains.

I need to include a run around track in the yard as well so that I can assemble and break down trains no matter what end the engine is at. Back to the drawing board.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home