Follow the progress of construction (and sometimes destruction) of my N-scale model train layout.

April 23, 2007

More Track!

I got all the parts I ordered and was able to make some more progress on the layout. I now have the majority of turnouts and ground throws placed. I still need to install some of the feeder, which will probably happen once I finish laying all the track.

I actually spent most of my time fixing a problem with the placement of one of the ground throws. In the yard area at the top of the layout there was a turnout located between two tracks. The clearance with the adjacent tracks prevented me from directly connecting the ground throw to the turnout.

As a solution I moved the ground throw to the outside of one of the adjacent tracks and constructed a throw bar out of some track nails and a spare price of rail. Wire insulation was placed around the throw bar to protect it from getting stuck when the the track is ballasted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home