Follow the progress of construction (and sometimes destruction) of my N-scale model train layout.

February 18, 2007

Glued


So I got the 1 in. thick foam insulation secured to the wooden frame. Here is a picture of what it looked like before. Not much different now that it is done, but with a bit of caulk around the edges to fill in the gaps.

I also have been learning how to use Xtrkcad over the past few weeks. It is much more flexible then Atlas's Right Track software when it comes to shaping flex track. It is a little bit more cumbersome for me to work with sectional track in Xtrkcad now, but I am getting the hang of it. I also modified the layout slightly using Xtrkcad.

The modified version has the same elements: the yard, 4 industries, and an interchange. I just tilted the oval the other way to make room for the engine house and storage tracks at the front of the yard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home