Follow the progress of construction (and sometimes destruction) of my N-scale model train layout.

January 25, 2009


After painting my ground throws last week I decided that I needed a visual indicator for my interlocking on the far side of the layout. Since I had unused switch contacts on the Atlas under-the-table switch machines that controlled the interlocking, I decided to try my hand a signal. I took an unlit signal and drilled out the top light. The top part of the signal actually broke off during this, but that was ok since the LED was just about the same width as the signal and had a nice rounded top. I just painted the top of the LED black to help it blend in.

I also did some work on cutting out and painting the floor for the maintenance building. I still haven't gotten the left hand switch to replace the one that didn't make being taken up off my old layout. Right now I have a temporary one with the ugly switch machine on the side until I acquire a replacement. After I get the track work finalized I will glue it down the floor. around it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home